56. Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe!

Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect. [Al-Ahzab (33:56)]

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"I do not know you"

A man was neglectful in reciting Durood upon the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam).

One night, the man saw the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) in a dream. However, the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) did not look at the man. In the dream, when the man arrived in front of the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam), the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) turned his face away. Bewildered, the man asked: “Oh Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam)! Are you displeased with me? The Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) replied that he was not displeased with the man. The man then asked why the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) did not look at him.

In the dream, the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) stated: “I do not know you. How shall I look at you?” The man stated in response: “I am one of your followers. I have heard from learned Islamic scholars that you love your followers more than a father loves his children. The Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) replied: “This is true. But you do not remember me through greater recitation of Durood. I know those of my followers well who recite Durood upon me the most”.

After this dream, the man started to recite Durood one hundred times a day on a regular basis. After some time, the man was blessed again with the vision of the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) in a dream. In the dream, the Beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa sallam) stated: “Now I know you well and I will intercede for you on the Day of Judgment”.